Your First Visit
Initial Office Visit Mission Valley San Diego
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip.
- Any relevant x-rays. Alternatively, you may ask your dentist or physician to forward any such x-rays to our office. If additional radiographs are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.
- A list of any medications you are presently taking.
- A list of any medical conditions that may be of concern (e.g. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and/or joints, rheumatic fever, etc.)
- If you have dental and/or medical insurance, bring your insurance cards. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied to the initial consultation by a parent or guardian.
A preoperative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery. Please have nothing to eat or drink eight hours prior to your surgery. You will also need an adult to drive you home.