Mission Valley Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery has long taken the lead in offering continuing education to dentists in Southern California. Local clinicians seeking to advance their mastery of comprehensive dentistry are invited to do so through two main vehicles.
The San Diego Advanced Study Group
Since 1998 the San Diego Advanced Study Group, founded by Drs. Hammond and Smith, has brought together the finest general dentists, oral surgeons, prosthodontists, periodontists, and other dental care specialists. Every September through June, members meet once or twice a month to share cases, ideas, and techniques. The aim is to achieve ever higher levels of professional excellence.
The San Diego Advanced Study Group is part of the Seattle Study Club network. Three fundamental principles underpin this highly successful “university without walls”.
- The belief that the highest and most beneficial knowledge and treatment results from understanding the role played by any given technique or treatment within the big picture of interdisciplinary case management.
- The conviction that dental practitioners learn more via participation and clinical interaction than observation. Group members enhance their treatment-planning skills through hands-on clinical sessions.
- The third principle is that the most effective way to master the challenges posed by the dental profession is to learn from one’s peers in a structured and supportive environment.
Participation in the San Diego Advanced Study Group is open to all licensed general dentists seeking to develop a network of like-minded colleagues. For more information about enrolling contact Jenn Lococo at San Diego Office Phone Number (619) 298-2200.
- All programs
- All meals and parking at programs
- At least 49 units of CE credits
- The opportunity for members and their support staff to attend the annual national Seattle Study Club Symposium
- A subscription to the national Seattle Study Club Journal
- Opportunities to gain one-on-one educational experience with a professional mentor
- Opportunities for auxiliary staff education
To view the current schedule of San Diego Advanced Study Group meetings, click here.
Complimentary Evening Lectures
In 2005, Mission Valley Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Inc., inaugurated a series of complimentary instructional programs for dental professionals, their staff, and laboratory technicians. Initially held during the summer months, the programs proved so popular that they were expanded. Lectures currently are offered from late April through mid-October.
Topics range from practice-management issues to new treatment challenges and technologies. All programs run from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and are typically held in the West Auditorium of Scripps Mercy Hospital. Three CE units are offered per lecture.
To view the current calendar of MVOMS Complimentary Evening Lectures, click here.