San Diego Advanced Study Group
The San Diego Advanced Study Group
Since 1998 the San Diego Advanced Study Group, founded by Drs. Hammond and Smith, has brought together the finest general dentists, oral surgeons, prosthodontists, periodontists, and other dental care specialists. Every September through June, members meet once or twice a month to share cases, ideas, and techniques. The aim is to achieve ever higher levels of professional excellence.
The San Diego Advanced Study Group is part of the Seattle Study Club network. Three fundamental principles underpin this highly successful “university without walls”.
- The belief that the highest and most beneficial knowledge and treatment results from understanding the role played by any given technique or treatment within the big picture of interdisciplinary case management.
- The conviction that dental practitioners learn more via participation and clinical interaction than observation. Group members enhance their treatment-planning skills through hands-on clinical sessions.
- The third principle is that the most effective way to master the challenges posed by the dental profession is to learn from one’s peers in a structured and supportive environment.
To view the current academic calendar of San Diego Advanced Study Group meetings, click here. For more information on speakers and course outlines, click here. We look forward to a wonderful year of collaboration and learning!
Participation in the San Diego Advanced Study Group is open to all licensed general dentists seeking to develop a network of like-minded colleagues. For more information about enrolling contact: Christa Lilly at 619-298-2200, Ext 107, or 619-597-1367, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All programs
- All meals and parking at programs
- At least 47 units of CE credits
- The opportunity for members and their support staff to attend the annual national Seattle Study Club Symposium
- A subscription to the national Seattle Study Club Journal
- Opportunities to gain one-on-one educational experience with a professional advisor/mentor
- Opportunities for auxiliary staff education